Frequently Asked Questions
The webcam model basics
Creating your new account
Enticelive and ImLive
The loose ends
The webcam model basics
- What is a webcam model?
- Webcam models are online entertainers that chat and perform adult shows.
- How do cam models make money?
- By performing private shows paid on a per minute basis. Models can also earn money via tips, receiving virtual gifts, discount clubs and selling content.
- Do I have to get naked?
- Yes, EnticeLive cam models do get naked during private cam shows. However the amount you show is up to you. From a topless striptease to a hardcore sex show with toys, you control the performance. Just remember to list your show details in your profile so members know what to expect.
- I wouldn’t call myself a supermodel. Is that OK?
- Yes of course! Everyone has their own unique look and members have their own individual likes and turn ons. Personality is the driving force behind the most successful cam models.
- Does it cost me anything to start?
- No. All you need to do is create an account and complete the model application. EnticeLive never charges a fee and we never deduct anything from your ImLive earnings.
- Do I need experience?
- Nope. New models are always welcome!
- I’m not from the United States. Can I still sign up?
- We're currently accepting new models located in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
- How old do I need to be?
- 18 years or older.
- Can I create an account if I'm male?
- No, at this time we're only accepting female cam models.
- How much can I make?
- The amount you earn depends on you; the rate per minute you choose, how much content you upload to your profile, the quality of your cam stream and most importantly, how much time you put in. We have established models that work 40+ hours a week and earn over a $100 per hour. We also have models that only work a couple of hours per week just to make an extra $100 in spending money.
- Do I have set hours? Is there a minimum amount of hours I have to work?
- Models set their own schedule and are never required to work a minimum amount of hours. Keep in mind that the most successful models do work 20 or more hours per week and try to keep a set daily schedule. The more you're consistently online, the easier it is for members to find you.
- What equipment do I need?
- A computer (PC or Mac), webcam and high speed internet access are the basics and will get you started. Most computers purchased within the last few years are more than powerful enough.
- Can I use my phone to cam?
- As long as you have a smartphone and can access the Apple iOS or Google Play app stores, you can use your phone to perform for guests and members. Unfortunately you cannot currently update your profile via mobile, however your model rep can help with anything you need.
- Can I block locations from being able to see me?
- Yes, you can block up to three locations (entire states or specific cities) from viewing you. Guests and members from these locations will not be able to view your profile or access your cam.
Creating your new account
- How do I get started?
- Getting started is easy! Just click the 'Create An Account' button located at the top right of this page. Then select a username and password. We'll send you a confirmation email and then you can complete your model application.
- What happens after I create my EnticeLive account?
- When you click the link located in your confirmation email you'll be directed to the first page of your model application. This includes creating your cam model profile, uploading profile pics, and verifying your identity with a photo ID.
- How long does it take to complete my model application?
- Not long at all. If you already have your profile pictures it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes. However, if you can't complete your model app right away you don't need to worry. There's no time limit.
- Can I update my cam profile anytime?
- Yes of course! We encourage all of our models to continuously update their profile with new pictures and info.
- How long does the approval process take?
- It can take up to 1 business day for your model application to be reviewed. However usually it's much sooner and most apps submitted during the day are reviewed within an hour.
- Why would my model application be denied?
- The majority of model applications are approved. However there are a few reasons why an application might be initially declined. These include applications that have incomplete information, poor quality profile pictures, or an invalid picture ID has been submitted.
- Once my application is approved, when can I start?
- As soon as your application is approved we'll set up your new model account on ImLive. This usually takes a couple of hours. As soon as you're good to go we'll let you know so you can login and get started.
- Who pays me? EnticeLive or ImLive?
- 100% of your ImLive earnings are paid out by EnticeLive, with zero fees or deductions. You earn it, you keep it.
- What methods of payment does EnticeLive offer for models located in the United States?
- For models located in the US, we offer payments via Direct Deposit (daily, weekly or twice a month) and check (weekly or twice a month).
- I'm in Canada, what about me?
- Canadian models can choose to be paid via bank wire or check (weekly or twice a month).
- How about the UK, Australia, or New Zealand?
- Bank wire (weekly or twice a month).
- If I choose to be paid with a check, what company name is listed?
- Nothing Ventures Inc.
- What are the minimum payment amounts?
- Direct Deposits: $25Checks: $50Bank Wires: $250
- When are payments sent?
- Daily direct deposit payments are sent every business day by 5pm Eastern (2pm Pacific) for the previous period earnings. For example Monday's direct deposit would include earnings generated 12am Friday through 11:59pm Sunday (Eastern). Tuesday's direct deposit would be for earnings generated on Monday (12am to 11:59pm Eastern).Weekly payments are sent every Monday for the previous week's (Monday through Sunday) earnings. If Monday is a bank holiday, payments are sent on Tuesday.Models can also choose to have their payments sent the first business day after the end of the pay period (twice a month). Our pay periods run the 1st - 15th and the 16th - End of the month.
- How long does it take to receive my payment?
- Direct Deposits: Depending on your bank most direct deposit payments are received the following business day morning. If you bank with Wells Fargo you'll receive the deposit the same night the payment was sent.Checks: All checks are sent from Las Vegas and can take up to 7 days to be delivered, depending on your location.Wires: Within 1 business day, however wires are usually received the same day they are sent.
- Will I ever receive a chargeback deduction?
- No, if a guest ever performs a chargeback with their credit card company you will still be paid. You've done your job and performed for the member. If you have a high number of member initiated chargebacks we will work with you on an individual basis to correct the problem.
- How do I set up direct deposit?
- Once you have completed your model application you'll be able to access your EnticeLive account. To set up your payment method just click 'Add Payment Method' on the main page, or click the 'My Account' link located in your menu options. Then select your preferred payment method and enter the required information.Per IRS guidelines, all models based in the United States must provide their social security number before we can issue the first payment.
- I don't have a bank account, can I still get paid with direct deposit?
- Yes, the majority of pre-paid cards can also be used to receive direct deposit payments. Green Dot and NetSpend cards are 2 of the most popular and can be purchased at most grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Can I change my payment method in the future?
- Yes, you can change your payment method at any time. Just remember that direct deposit updates take 3 business days to set up (2 if you bank with Wells Fargo). Once you have updated your account, we cannot send your next payment until the new account has been set up. Changing your payment frequency (for example: weekly to daily) does not cause a delay.
- Does EnticeLive take out taxes?
- No. The IRS considers cam models as independent contractors. Taxes are not withheld from your payments. In January we send a 1099 form to every model located in the United States that earned $600 or more during the previous calendar year. You are responsible for paying any taxes owed.
Enticelive and ImLive
- Why should I become a webcam model with EnticeLive?
- We're glad you asked. The simple answer is because we know how to make webcam models more money. Since 2004, we've sent our partner models over 500,000 new members through social media and our affiliate network. We offer daily payments, incredible support, zero deductions and have partnered with the best webcam company in the industry to provide our models the ultimate network and best opportunity to succeed.
- Why should I join EnticeLive and not just sign up directly with ImLive?
- Because we take the best of ImLive and add even more benefits, specifically targeted towards webcam models based in the United States. These benefits include daily pay via direct deposit, luxury prizes, support staff based in the US, and new paying members sent directly to your cam room. All without any fees or cost to you.
- I already have an ImLive account. Can I open a new account with EnticeLive?
- Yes, however you must close your current ImLive account first.
- Where is EnticeLive located?
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- How long has ImLive been around?
- ImLive was founded in 2002. 16 years and 70 million members later, they're still going strong!
- What initial per minute rate can I charge?
- All new hosts must charge .98 for their first 90 minutes of paid private chat. This provides the members a discounted initial rate while you learn the platform. It also allows new models to gain valuable exposure and attract members that will come back again, and again, for future private shows.Since you can have up to 3 paying members in your cam room at once, most new models finish this initial .98 period in under an hour. After the 90 minutes is up you can raise your per minute rate to $1.98, $2.80, $3.80, $4.80 or $5.80.
- What percentage of member spending do I receive?
- Models earn 30% to 35% of money spent by members in your room. ImLive also offers higher percentages (70% to 100%) for referring new members and converting guests into members.
- Where does the rest of the money go?
- Roughly 1/3 of what a member spends is paid out to you, the cam model. Another 1/3 is paid out to affiliates that delivered the paying member to your cam room. The remaining third ImLive receives for their profit and expenses. This includes paying over 150 employees worldwide, hosting, legal, taxes and everything else needed to keep a site of this size running smoothly 24/7.
- How do I attract members to my room?
- ImLive offers industry leading promotional tools that help you attract, and keep, regular paying members. These include promotional videos, discount codes, a message center, member fantasy requests and a lot more.
- Does EnticeLive help me attract paying members?
- Yes! It’s what we do best. We'll work with you to create great social media profiles and promotional content that will keep you busy and reaching your goals.
- What time of day should I work?
- Your work schedule is completely up to you. With 70 million members located throughout the world, The ImLive platform is busy throughout the day and night.
- Do I have to do whatever the guest or member asks?
- No! When filling out your model profile, you will be able to choose what you will, and will not, do. You can always update your profile if you change your mind. You're always in control of the show.
- Can I perform with a partner?
- Yes, after you have earned a minimum of $250 on your initial solo model account we can set up an additional couples account for you. At this point your performing partner will need to submit their photo identification to verify the account.
The loose ends
- Can I recruit new models to EnticeLive?
- Absolutely! You can earn up to $200 for every new EnticeLive model you recruit.
- Can I make extra money if I refer new members?
- Yep. If you refer a member to ImLive you'll receive 70% of everything they spend on you. Plus you'll also receive 30% of everything they spend with any other model on the site.
- Can I get technical support if I need help?
- Yes, ImLive's technical support staff is available 24 hours a day. They can help you with most any tech problem related to the site, or your webcam setup.
- What if I need additional help?
- We understand that you'll probably have a lot more questions once you get going. You can always send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help. Once you've created your new EnticeLive account you'll find your personal model rep's contact information on the first page of the model application.